Going Vegan And Eating Differently At Purezza, Camden

Going Vegan And Eating Differently At Purezza, Camden

We were given a complimentary meal for two in exchange for
an honest review but all thoughts and opinions are my own

Any longer term readers of this blog will know that I’ve dabbled with a few months here and there of being vegan to challenge myself and encourage myself to eat different things. While I do try and make vegetarian choices, especially at work, overall I am still a meat eater and at home for dinner there’s almost always meat in the meal. I’ve been to a few Veggie/ Vegan restaurants and always had a great time so when the chance to go Purezza Pizza in Camden came up I jumped at the chance to try something new.

Purezza are the UK’s very first all-vegan pizzeira which opened in Brighton first in 2015 before opening their store in Camden with the aim to make a plant-based menu which is superior to the traditional alternatives. After spending two years developing their mozzarella in a lab not only did they master it but it’s also half the calories and fat compared to regular mozzarella.

garlic bread at purezza

The restaurant is located just a few minutes walk from Camden Station and is a reasonably small place – I actually walked straight past it the first time – but it’s certainly a popular spot as at 6.30pm on a Thursday evening there were plenty of people waiting for tables which is always a good sign. We were seated straight away and water was brought over while we made decisions on food. The whole setting is really atmospheric as despite how close the tables are set it didn’t feel crowded or too nosy, something I really appreciate in a restaurant.

We decided to start with some Dough Balls and Garlic Bread because it’s not a proper pizza meal without those. The Dough Balls were filled with creamy cheese which had a much nicer texture than some of the other Vegan cheeses I’ve tried, and the garlic bread had a really nice texture with a good amount of garlic in it.

marinara vegan pizza from purezza

Next up were the pizza’s I opted for a new pizza creation called ‘Telling Porkies’ which had a white base with melted cheddar, mixed wild forest mushrooms, marinated pulled BBQ pieces and sundried tomatoes. The pizza itself was the perfect thickness base with a chewy crisp crust and enough base underneath it to stop the toppings from leaking out. The toppings were so tasty that I didn’t miss the fact that there was no meat on the pizza, and the cheese melted so well.

My friend went for the Mariara as she’s not a fan of cheese but with added sausage and chicken satan on top which looked beautiful. The pizzas themselves were a really good price with mine being under £13 which is really good considering the amount of toppings you get. We were going to stay for a desert but the mains filled us up enough that we didn’t have space, but I had heard great things about the tiramisu and the chocolate brownie.

Overall Purezza is a great option if you’re eating vegan and fancy some proper Italian pizza, but it’s also great if you’re not vegan and just fancy something a bit different. Thanks to Love Pop Ups London for organising.

Going Vegan And Eating Differently At Purezza, Camden

1. November 1, 2018 / 10:27 pm

I love how easy it is to eat out with dietary requirements these days. I am gluten free and find there are way more restaurants providing GF menus too!

2. November 2, 2018 / 9:29 am

Thanks Rhian! So glad you guys had such a good meal and can’t wait to welcome you back again soon.

3. November 2, 2018 / 10:33 pm

The pizzas look amazing and yummy. Would love to try hem now too.

4. November 4, 2018 / 9:33 pm

Oh my goodness, that pizza looks so so good!

5. November 5, 2018 / 10:41 am

I’ve always found as a vegetarian that options are limited. It’s nice to see so many places embracing vegan dietary requirements as well as catering for gluten free people too. This place isn’t far from where I live. I’ll have to check it out.

6. November 5, 2018 / 6:11 pm

I admire anyone for going vegan, I like my meat too much. The food does look good though

7. November 6, 2018 / 9:14 am

It’s crazy how much more choice there is now for veggie/vegan eaters. I’m mostly vegetarian (especially for the evening meal as my partner is vegetarian and I don’t want to make two sets of meals). I quite fancy trying a vegan pizza as I’m not really a fan of cheese so maybe vegan cheese would suit my tastes more.

8. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    November 7, 2018 / 4:17 pm

OMG! Those foods look really delicious and tempting. It makes my mouth-watery especially that pizza.

9. November 7, 2018 / 9:35 pm

Oo what a great place and I love the name! Your food looks delicious and both those pizza’s sound amazing! I love Pizza and would love to try one of these one day.

10. November 7, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Ohb yes, that dough for the garlic bread and pizza base looks so delicious and it sounds as if they have a good selection to choose from. I’ve never tried a vegan restaurant, so I ought to challenge myself.

11. November 8, 2018 / 10:04 am

I love the fact there’s more interesting vegan/veggie options these days. I often find myself going for the vegetarian options these days – I like cheese too much t go vegan!

12. November 8, 2018 / 10:43 am

I love the look of the telling Porkies pizza. It looked really delicious, and I can see why you didn’t miss the meat!

13. Helen
    November 8, 2018 / 6:47 pm

The pizza looks so good, you would never guess it was vegan. I love that more and more places are opening catering for vegetarians and vegans.

14. November 10, 2018 / 8:13 pm

I’ve heard so much about this place, a few of my friends have been and reviewed it too. I’m adding it to my list of places to go!