Four Hen Party Ideas To Suit All Budgets

Four Hen Party Ideas To Suit All Budgets

This is a collaborative post but all thoughts and opinions are my own

I have quite a few friends who are engaged and getting married over 2019 and 2020 which means I’m going to be going on a few hen parties. Absolutely everyone is different with what they’d like for their hen party and while it’s usually the bridesmaids who organise it you always want to pick something which is totally right for the bride.

A lot of hen parties now don’t seem to just be one event, they are multiple events or full weekends of things to do which can get quite pricey in the long run but when they’re for people you love it’s worth it. Here are some great hen party ideas if you’re stuck for some.

Do a team building escape room

For a lot of hen’s you may do an activity or a team building game and I think an escape room is just the right thing for that as it’s interactive and you get to work together as a team which is great if you’ve got people from different friendship groups who may not know each other. I’ve done a Lock’d Escape Room before and recently we went back and did another room called Perpetuum Mobile.

This particular room involves a Professor who has been working on a machine to help with the world’s energy resources which are about to run dry but he has disappeared. You are then left to uncover the clues in crystals and paperwork left in his lab to save mankind. We had a really good time trying to solve this one and other than one of the tasks which involved Morse code we didn’t find it particularly difficult compared to other escape rooms we’ve done so it’s great if you’ve not done anything like this before.

grandpas last will

Have a spa weekend

Of course a spa weekend is a great option for a hen weekend as you can relax, pamper yourself and get to know all the other hens in the party. Plus it’s a weekend/ night away so you can head somewhere a bit further away, so think about a spa day in Cheshire if you fancy heading up North or Brighton/ Portsmouth if you fancy the south coast. I love having spa days as you can opt for a massage or a facial to keep you relaxed and revitalised but you can also laze by the pool, read a book, drink a cocktail and just generally take it easy, plus it’s the main time that I get to have a swim.

Hire a cottage and have a girls weekend

A lot of people I know seem to be hiring large houses/ cottages/ barns and going away for a long weekend somewhere and I think this is a great idea as it can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. If you want a cheaper more inclusive weekend away you can opt to buy all of your own food and drink and do games/ activities like Mr and Mrs and party games in the accommodation. Or you can opt to go out for drinks, activities, afternoon tea etc. I know this is the route one of my friends is doing for next year to try and ensure everyone can afford to come which is nice.

Go for afternoon tea

I am a huge fan of afternoon tea and think this would be a great option for a hen party, especially if you do a boozy/ prosecco one. There are so many places in London that can do afternoon tea and a themed one would be really nice if there’s a theme which matches with the bride such as Alice in Wonderland, Fashion one’s, Music ones or afternoon tea on a London Bus. If you want to keep costs down how about doing an afternoon tea yourself.

What would be your perfect hen party treat?

Four Hen Party Ideas To Suit All Budgets #henparty

1. November 22, 2018 / 5:46 pm

These are some lovely and different ideas for a hen party! I love how they offer something different from the norm but can really bring friends together.

2. Rachel
    November 22, 2018 / 9:10 pm

There’s so many different options for hen do’s these days! I’d love to have mine at Disneyland! xo

3. November 22, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Some great ideas here! Nice to see some options that are more creative than the traditional hen do.

4. November 23, 2018 / 2:21 am

Interesting ideas here for sure, I’m a guy so this won’t be useful to me in the slightest, but interesting nonetheless!

5. November 23, 2018 / 7:03 am

The escape room is such a fun idea, but I think I would prefer a girly spa weekend 🙂

6. Akamatra
    November 23, 2018 / 7:33 am

I would love to go for a high tea with my friends! And after that go to one of those super trendy escape rooms! How fun!

7. November 23, 2018 / 9:20 am

fab ideas, i’d definitely second the hiring a cottage. We did it in july and it was great to have enough space to do your own thing but to come together in the evening.

8. November 23, 2018 / 12:41 pm

i’m going to pass this post onto my friend who is currently in Hen party organising hell with her cousin. They seem to be getting more & more expensive when you have shown its not necessary. Escape rooms are a fantastic idea especially if people don’t already all know each other.

9. November 23, 2018 / 1:54 pm

An escape room would be a great idea for an alternative hen party – I love the idea of that!

10. November 23, 2018 / 5:19 pm

11. November 23, 2018 / 5:20 pm

These all sound like my ideal hen day/night activities! I have done a Lock’d room too! I loved it! I especially appreciate spa days!!

12. Emily Leary
    November 23, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I didn’t have a hen party but I kind of wish I had. A weekend escape in a rented cottage sounds perfect.

13. Erin Haigerud
    November 23, 2018 / 10:48 pm

Great Ideas! This looks like a lot of fun and so glad you broke it down for all budgets!

14. November 24, 2018 / 2:11 am

Hen parties, oh How i remember mine. I just wish I had the budget at the time, to go on a break.

Angela Xx

15. Rosey
    November 24, 2018 / 1:42 pm

I’d love to rent a cottage barn and have a hen party for the weekend. What a fun way to spend some time together!

16. November 24, 2018 / 4:21 pm

i had a workshop followed by crazy dinner&dance with my hens . there are so many options these days

17. November 24, 2018 / 6:19 pm

I want to do escape rooms one day because they look so fun. And, they are popular here in Japan.

18. November 24, 2018 / 9:50 pm

A spa weekend would be a great idea. It’ll give you all the opportunity to relax and pamper yourselves. If you opt for more of an adventure or thrill, an escape room would be good.

19. Jana
    November 25, 2018 / 12:59 am

Escape rooms are so much fun. I love all of these ideas for a hen party! Renting a cabin and drinking wine all weekend might be perfect!

20. November 25, 2018 / 2:58 pm

They all sound like really fun ideas to do in a group. I think I would have the most fun in the Escape room, but that’s just me. It just sounds like such a lot of fun and does do some team building.

21. November 25, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Interesting ideas! Would have loved a small explanation on what exactly a hen party is , though I did kind of understand from your ideas.

22. Elle (CleverlyChanging)
    November 26, 2018 / 1:25 pm

I had never heard of the term “hen party” the name sounds hilarious, but going to the spa, have tea, and hanging out with my friends sounds like so much fun.

23. Sauumye Chauhan
    November 26, 2018 / 9:48 pm

These are some amazing ideas!! Planning a hen’s party is not a easy task and I feel it should just be a relaxing time that you spend with your friends.

24. Ali Ash
    November 27, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Escape room is a great idea but still, all these things can cost one a lot. But I’d say these are, overall, great tips.