Four Great Valentines Day Gift Ideas

Valentines Bracelet

Christmas and New Year are a distant memory so of course, the next event on the horizon is Valentines Day, a mainly commercialized day encouraging couples to show how much they care for one another. In some ways the 14th February is a cute day for adoration and feelings, but in part it’s a bit tacky, but either wayI’m not going to lie I’m a little excited this year as I have someone special to spend it with. Having said that a Valentines Day girlie session is a great way to spend the day, I’m thinking movies, all the food you can handle and of course, there’s nothing wrong with showering your friends with love and admiration. If you’re struggling with what to buy the special person in your life here’s some ideas.

Rose Gold Bracelet*

Unsurprisingly jewelry is one of the most common gifts for Valentine’s day, and while it’s quite a cliche I have to admit I always think it’s a good idea. While your traditional cute, delicate jewelry is pretty I do tend to go for more unusual or chunkier designs and when I stumbled across this rose gold bracelet from The Lifestyle Blogger it was love at first sight. Set on a soft grey cord the rose gold coloured beads take up the whole bracelet and it really is stunning. I have pretty much worn this constantly since it arrived and unlike other bracelets of this design the cord is showing no signs of stretching (issues I’ve had in the past) and the rose gold colour is holding strong. If you’re going for jewellery go for something more unusual.

Caketoppers

Caketopper Cakes*

Who doesn’t love cake?! Like seriously, is there anyone out there who genuinely doesn’t like cake?! And even better when those cakes are personalized which is exactly what Caketoppers do. I think personalized gifts are awesome because they show you’ve put some thought into it. I received two of the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen which had the faces of myself and my other half on, and the detailing on the icing was so good it genuinely looked like a photograph. You can personalize your cakes with logos, photos or messages and choose the type of cakes, my face was on a chocolate cake and the other one was a classic sponge cake. They arrive sealed up so they stay fresh and we ate these about three days after they were delivered and they were fresh, soft and absolutely beautiful cake. If you’re thinking about creating some cakes you can grab 10% off when you use code RWB10 at the checkout.

Roses

Prestige Valentines Flowers*

Flowers are pretty much a sure-fire win on Valentine’s Day because who doesn’t love a bunch of flowers?! While shop bought ones might be nice enough if your budget will stretch ordering some flowers is a definite win, although the beautiful flowers from Prestige start from under £20 it won’t stretch the bank, and most of the Valentine’s Day ones come with free chocolate, double win! When my box of flowers arrived I was so excited and upon opening them I was not disappointed as the roses were a stunning velvety red shade, all full of life and colour, the foliage and springs complimented the flowers well and the presentation was beautiful. The flowers came wrapped in a black surround which made the roses stand out even more and sat in a pretty black bag with watered bottoms so the flowers stayed hydrated during transit. I’ve had these with me for about 4 days now and they still look identical to how they did on day one so I’m excited to see how long they last.

Date Night Bucket List

Sometimes couples can find themselves in a bit of a rut doing the same things every week and date nights always running on a similar formula. But with this date night bucket list you’ll never think about what you should be doing as printed on a collection of wooden sticks are prompts to help you out. They can run from romantic ones like packing blankets and pillows and going stargazing to intellectual ideas like attending a lecture at a museum or university. Once you have done the item there is space to note the date on the back of the stick. I think this is such a cute idea as too often people are stuck for things to do. Another idea is to make a DIY version of this including free ideas, cheap ideas and more expensive ideas which might may take more planning. If you know you’ve got a free weekend coming up you can choose a stick and have your weekend fate decided.

What would you love to recieve for Valentines Day?
January 30, 2017

• Reply Rachel Nicole

Those cake toppers are such a cute and unique idea! xo

January 31, 2017 at 1:16 am
  • Reply Emma @ AdventuresofaLondonKiwi

Can I vote for a cake topper cake? SO cute!!

January 31, 2017 at 8:11 am
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I am personally a massive fan of rose gold as you can tell by looking at my blog! What I love though is those cakes!

January 31, 2017 at 10:24 pm
  • Reply Ali Rost

Loving the date night bucket list ideas .. and those cakes! How cool is that?!

February 1, 2017 at 5:33 am
  • Reply Jo Wiggins

That bracelet is gorgeous, I love rose gold at the minute. Off to drop the hubby some hints x

February 1, 2017 at 6:56 pm
  • Reply mummyslittlemonkey

I agree with you about Valentine’s Day – a bit schmaltzy for my liking! OH and I like to nod to it without going overboard. I wouldn’t mind getting that rose-gold bracelet though… 😉

February 2, 2017 at 11:11 am
  • Reply FussFreeJen

My husband and I tend to buy a small token gift, not go too overboard and we are still recovering from Christmas, the January bills and a significant birthday last month. We usually find something in a local shop that sells beautiful things from around The World. So small wooden boxes, or mini elephants to add to my many and such like.
    I’m liking the idea of the bucket list though. Sometimes I think you need a little motivation to do something different.

February 2, 2017 at 11:41 am
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

Haha, I’m gonna have to try those cake toppers out! Such a great idea!

February 2, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Hayley

I love that bracelet, it’s definitely something I would wear. I’m single but I might treat myself!

February 2, 2017 at 6:29 pm
  • Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran

The cakes are fantastic. Caketoppers have the best icing!

February 2, 2017 at 9:04 pm
  • Reply Nikki Hamilton

I would love my other half to surprise me with flowers but he doesnt do flowers lol!

February 2, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Julie Porter

I would love the date night bucket list sticks, as my husband and I can never come up with good ideas for date night. Those Caketopper cupcakes of you and your other half are just adorable. We don’t usually do gifts for Valentine’s Day though.

February 3, 2017 at 12:06 am
  • Reply MamaWilkos

I really like the idea of the bucket list sticks! We always do the same for our date nights x

February 3, 2017 at 10:27 am
  • Reply Dena Jayne

The bucket list is such a cute idea. I’ve also seen the cupcakes around on social media & they are too cute too! xo

February 3, 2017 at 8:02 pm
  • Reply BRAND AND BEAUTY

This is a good post! I am not looking forward to Valentine’s Day unfortunately me and my ex broke up and 15th was our anniversary 🙁 but I would love to receive a box with chocolate, flowers or jeweleries x

February 5, 2017 at 12:47 am
  • Reply Vladvaida.com

Great gift ideas xx I think it’s funny because last year when I had a gf on Valentine’s Day everybody asked me about gifts and I was like… ‘ I’m waiting for a gift as well ‘ and people were mirin as of why am I saying that… OH WELL CAUSE 14 OF FEB IS MY BIRTHDAY ALSO lol! haha!

February 5, 2017 at 8:41 am
  • Reply The Quiet Resolution

Aww what a fab selection I will definitely be looking back it this when I’m trying to buy something! L x

February 5, 2017 at 4:05 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

I don’t do valentines day as i hate it. This is a great gift guide for people buying, as finding a gift can be tricky x

February 6, 2017 at 10:49 am
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

I would love a rose gold bracelet, or a cake. Love those cake toppers, so cute

February 6, 2017 at 11:09 am
  • Reply Donna

I’m slightly obsessed with rose gold at the moment! I would love gift like that. Saying that the cake toppers are fab too! Such a cute idea x

February 6, 2017 at 11:22 am
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I love the rose gold bracelet it’s beautiful and the colour is so in at the moment too.

February 6, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Teresa Bowen

The cake toppers are such a cute idea. Suitable for any occasion.

February 6, 2017 at 4:16 pm
  • Reply Sarahjane

I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, purely my own choice of course :p but these would make excellent gifts!

February 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply Anosa

I like the cake topper idea! haha but i love to receive at a rose old bracelet too! Happy Valentines!

February 7, 2017 at 5:16 am
  • Reply MadeFromBeauty

That bracelet is absolutely gorgeous! I would love to receive it this Valentines Day!

February 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

You can’t really go wrong with beautiful flowers, although those cake toppers are pretty fun.

February 10, 2017 at 10:12 am
  • Reply http://whimsicalwolfblog.com/

great ideas, that bracelet is beautiful and I like the sugar skull dish. The cake toppers are fantastic. Thank you for sharing http://whimsicalwolfblog.com/

March 10, 2017 at 3:07 am