Four Wishlist Holiday Experiences

Four Wishlist Holiday Experiences

For me the 2017 holiday season has drawn to an end which has me with a massive feeling of wanderlust dreaming and planning future trips. I count myself very lucky that I have done more travelling in the past 3 years than I ever thought I would and I am now at the point where there’s just more places that I want to visit than I have time – and money – to commit to.

Here are some of the travel experiences I’d love to have:

See the Northern Lights

Iceland has been on my wishlist for absolute years and I am really hoping that the New Year period between 2018 and 2019 will be when my dream becomes a reality. I know going in December will be incredibly cold but I also know it’s a good time of the year for the Northern Lights to appear and I’ll cope with the cold if it even means one glimpse of Aurora Borealis. There’s so much more I’d love to do in Iceland such as visit the Blue Lagoon, do the Game of Thrones tour and visit the elf and fairy museums.

Go on a cruise

Me and my boyfriend have spoken quite a few times about going on a cruise especially as his parents have done quite a few with the Royal Caribbean before. I never really thought a cruise was for me but seeing how incredible the ship looks sold me, like a whole city on a boat is incredible. And being in a new location each day also appeals, it gives you a good taster of what a place is like and whether it’s somewhere you’d love to go back to. I’ve seen some cool Mediterranean ones with Bolsover Cruise which look incredible but I know to do it right it will cost quite a lot.

See the magic of Disney Orlando at Halloween

Disney in Orlando is another huge bucket list item but going there at Halloween would be an absolute dream as it means there would be so much more Nightmare before Christmas stuff around. From the Halloween parade and the characters I know it would be incredible. I went to Disneyland Paris once for Halloween and that was incredible enough so I know this would be another level.

Swim in my own private infinity pool

I love the idea of an infinity pool but having your own private one just outside the back of your hotel/ villa room would be incredible. I haven’t had a completely relaxing holiday for a long time but know this would be one of those where all I want to do is sunbathe, read and swim. Me and my boyfriend have already started looking at potential holiday destinations for his 30th birthday which is only 16 month’s away and one place we found was in Thailand and had it’s own heart shaped infinity pool, I definitely fell a bit in love with the property so who knows if Thailand is when I might tick this off my bucket list.

What’s on your travel experience wishlist?
This post was written in collaboration with Bolsover Cruise Club but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. Phoebe Raye
    November 19, 2017 / 5:30 pm

Yes for the infinity pool goals. That’s on my list as well!!

2. November 19, 2017 / 8:45 pm

The cruise sounds like the one I would pick first,as long as it is in a warm area,we got our first snowflakes today.

3. November 19, 2017 / 10:09 pm

I want to do all of these, I can’t remember where it was but I saw the most amazing infinity pool in a private room last week on Instagram

4. November 19, 2017 / 10:32 pm

I have never been a massive fan of travel I love by the motto there’s not place like home but swimming in a private infinity pool sounds amazing

5. November 19, 2017 / 11:19 pm

I want to go to the northern lights also and visit Iceland and go exploring therex

6. November 20, 2017 / 3:32 am

Well I would love to see the Northern lights too. Disney at halloween sounds fab and I enjoyed reading this post and your list Rhian.

7. November 20, 2017 / 8:19 am

Hi Rhian
    I can tell you all about cruises and the best ones to do if you love sport, entertainment or just relaxation. Feel free to ask me anything on cruises. Personally I love Royal Caribbean cruises best but I have also heard Celebrity are great.

8. November 20, 2017 / 11:39 am

These are some great places to wish to travel – the Northern Lights are incredible!

9. November 20, 2017 / 1:51 pm

I’m so keen to do Disney again next year, and you’re right, Halloween would be perfect! I hope you get to live some your travel dreams next year!

10. November 20, 2017 / 4:09 pm

The northen lights is on the top of my ultimate travel wish list! I would love to be able to take Mia to disneyland when she’s older although I think it would be more Paris than Florida. It’s amazing at christmas time x

11. November 20, 2017 / 4:43 pm

I’d definitely love to do all of these things Northan lights is definitely near the top of my bucket list.

12. November 20, 2017 / 7:21 pm

I would do anything to be able to see the northern lights, but these other ideas sound perfect too!

13. November 20, 2017 / 9:58 pm

I have the same wishlist! I’ve been on a cruise but the others are definitely on my bucket list!

14. November 21, 2017 / 9:30 am

I would love to see the Northern lights and I would also love to visit Disney Florida for Halloween! Both sound fab 🙂

15. November 21, 2017 / 1:01 pm

It’s almost like we have the same tastes!! I have done Halloween at Disney Orlando but it was many years ago so I would love to go again. The Northern Lights Re currently top of my list to do

16. November 21, 2017 / 6:03 pm

You don’t need to go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, just come to Shetland! 🙂 They’ve already been out this year. I’ve just come back from a Caribbean cruise too, I’ve definitely added them to my travel wishlist – it was an amazing experience!

17. melissa major
    November 21, 2017 / 9:56 pm

I would love to go on a cruise too! My sister has been on a cruise 4 times now and she says its the most amazing experience!

18. November 21, 2017 / 11:11 pm

I also really want to see the Northern Lights with my family one day.

19. November 22, 2017 / 9:21 am

I’m with you on the Northern Lights! They’ve been on my bucket list forever! x

20. November 22, 2017 / 4:10 pm

Seeing the Northern Lights and swimming in any Infinity pool would be my dreams. What a great list and hopefully you can tick them all off in the next few years before you start adding loads more goals 🙂

Josh

21. Lynne Harper
    November 22, 2017 / 4:33 pm

I really wish I could fly, this place all looks absolutely incredible. So many amazing places to visit 🙂 Northern Lights being the first x

22. November 23, 2017 / 9:41 am

I am with you on every single one of these and the Northern Lights is my number one thing I want to see and one place I really want to visit x

23. November 27, 2017 / 7:11 pm

This is such a cute post. I’d love to go to Disneyland for both Halloween and Christmas (although my parents took me to Disneyland Paris for Christmas when I was younger!) as well as see the Northern Lights in one of those quirky transparent igloo things. I’d also love to do a tour of haunted places and scare attractions in America over Halloween x

24. November 28, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I am also lusting to go to Iceland next year & I’d love to Disney at halloween it just looks awesome. great post!

25. August 11, 2018 / 10:05 am

Disney at Halloween is high on my travel bucket list, along with seeing the Northern Lights! I’ve never considered a cruise though and thought they were more reserved for retirees.