A Relaxing Stop On The Isle Of Wight

A Relaxing Stop On The Isle Of Wight

The Isle of Wight has been on my bucket list of UK places to visit for a very long time and last weekend I finally managed a visit. It all stems back to the beginning of the year when I found a great deal on Secret Escapes for a spa hotel and the price was too good to be true as it included dinner, breakfast, a massage and ferry transport. It didn’t take long to convince Luke and soon enough we had it booked.

We knew we’d head over there Friday afternoon so we got there for dinner with the expectation of spending the whole weekend there, but due to our friend running the London Marathon we opted for an earlier ferry time on Sunday leaving a single day to spend actually on the island.

lakeside park spa and hotel on the isle of wight - indoor jacquizzi pool

Our hotel was the Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa which was situated right by a beautiful lake in stunning green surroundings which was even better as we’d paid a tiny bit more for lake views which was the perfect way to wake up. The room itself was really nice and spacious with a great bathroom and a super comfortable bed. Beds are always something I can be a bit funny about when I go away as we have such a comfy mattress at home and getting a good nights sleep is so important, especially while you’re away when you’re on the go all the time but thankfully this one fit the bill.

Friday night was spent having dinner and just relaxing and then on Saturday morning after our yummy buffet breakfast we headed into the spa to the heated outdoor jaquizzi as the weather was absolutely beautiful with not a cloud in the sky and no one else had ventured into the spa as early as us even though it was about 10am. After a relax and a swim we headed in for our massages which was just what we needed to relax.

osborne house tulip gardens

Our first stop out of the hotel was a little town called Ventnor which contained the islands only store taking part in Record Store Day so we had to pop along to grab a vinyl or two, and some yummy homemade chocolate cake and brownies. After this we drove over to Osborne House which was Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s royal residence on the Isle of Wight. I’d been told that the grounds and house were stunning and they really were especially the front gardens which were in full bloom with tulips. We spent about 2 hours exploring the main house, wandering around the grounds and stocking up on local produce in the shop before heading back to the hotel for a relax before dinner.

osborne house isle of wight

We’re huge fans of using Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations so we settled on The Harbour Kitchen which was a burger joint/ diner about a half an hour drive from our hotel which is pretty much the other side of the island but thankfully the choice was worth it. I munched away on mac and cheese balls, a yummy burger and chocolate chip ice cream before our evening was over.

Our trip to the Isle of Wight might have been short but I had a lovely time and thankfully the weather was on our side and I know I’ll definitely be back to explore more including Carrisbrook Castle and The Needles.

Have you been to the Isle of Wight before?

A Relaxing Stop On The Isle Of Wight

*This was written in collaboration with Happy Beds but all thoughts and words are my own

1. April 26, 2018 / 3:45 pm

What an amazing sounding time you had in the Isle of Weight, I am loving the sound of your hotel. That little pool looks absolutely relaxing and I could totally do with that right now.

2. April 26, 2018 / 4:53 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to the Isle of Wight! Sounds like you had an amazing and relaxing time as well as fitting in some exploring!

3. April 26, 2018 / 5:19 pm

I’ve never been to the Isle of Wight but have always wanted to go. I read and hear nothing but good reports about it. Shame you only had one day to explore it but it sounds like you had a good trip either way!

4. April 26, 2018 / 5:49 pm

I must say the Isle of Wight has always been a bit of mystery to me. It’s on my list of places to see too. It looks so different from the rest of England, doesn’t it? I have made mental note of this Spa. I also subscribe to Secret Escapes in Canada, but I’ll keep my eye on the UK too. A trip home is forthcoming.

5. April 26, 2018 / 7:33 pm

Oh I haven’t been to the Isle of Wight in years! This stop really does look relaxing and I’d love to go there. 🙂

6. April 27, 2018 / 2:43 am

Sounds like you had an amazing time there! The view is stunning and it’s always worth it to go to places like this.

7. April 27, 2018 / 11:05 am

I went to the Isle of Wight when William was younger, I can’t believe how easy it was to get there but how different the island felt. It makes such a great break away!

8. April 27, 2018 / 3:00 pm

It looks amazing, I would love to visit one day. I had forgotten about secret escapes, will have a nosy

9. April 27, 2018 / 3:01 pm

I have always wanted to visit the Isle of Wight! Its a shame I haven’t done it before but at least I can add it to my list of places to DEFINITELY visit!

10. April 27, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Oh gorgeous! It does look so relaxing! We haven’t been to the isle of wight for a long time now, we must change that!

11. April 27, 2018 / 3:48 pm

Loos great. I haven’t been since I was a child. Think I’m due a return visit.

12. April 27, 2018 / 7:09 pm

What a lovely place to visit. That hot tub looks great to chill out in x

13. April 27, 2018 / 7:43 pm

We’ve only ever been to the Isle of Wight festival and Ryde but the rest of the island is supposed to be lovely. Secret Escapes is a great place to find some amazing deals!

14. April 28, 2018 / 7:47 am

Not yet ventured to the Isle of Wright but would love to take my parents sometime this year as it seems lovely place to visit.

15. April 28, 2018 / 8:58 am

I’ve never been to the Isle of Wight. It looks like you had a lovely stay and having the spa to yourselves must have been fab

16. April 28, 2018 / 9:23 am

How wonderful to be able to take a little jaunt away like this! I’ve never been to the Isle of Wight, but I’d love to go one day.

17. April 28, 2018 / 7:11 pm

This is just a lovely place to visit. You had such an awesome deal! I couln’t have said no too. Now I want to visit the Isle of Wight.

18. April 28, 2018 / 7:39 pm

Oh we love the isle of wight, We had a day trip over there a couple of weeks ago and there was so much to do. This hotel looks beautiful and set in a lovely area too

19. April 29, 2018 / 7:45 pm

How ironic, we were there today (Osborne House that is) – it is stunning isn’t it

20. April 29, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I love the Isle of Wight and Osborne House is one of my favourite places, the beach there is so beautiful. I’m pleased you loved it too.

21. April 30, 2018 / 12:33 pm

I’ve never been to the Isle of Wight and it’s one of the places I have on my bucket list. One day, one day… The Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa looks absolutely breath-taking. I love a good, luxurious hotel 🙂

22. April 30, 2018 / 12:58 pm

I love the Isle of Wight. I went there on a family holiday as a child and the thing that surprised me the most was seeing how clear and blue the water was – it was nothing like the dark waters of Barry Island that I was used to at the time, haha!

23. April 30, 2018 / 1:26 pm

wow it sounds like you had a fantastic time i wish i could have joined you , lovely pictures x

24. May 1, 2018 / 8:30 am

I love the Isle of Wight, so much nostalgia and so many memories just thinking about it ☺ we used to take all our family summer holidays there, staying in a caravan park called White Cliff Bay, it was great. I haven’t been in a few years, but would love to pop over for the weekend, perhaps in the summer. How was your experience using Secret Escapes? I’ve never used them before… x

25. May 11, 2018 / 7:52 pm

I have never visited the Isle of Wight but the place is on the top of my bucket list, Rhian! You obviously had an awesome time there and the hotel seems exceptional. What shouldn’t I miss when being on the Isle of Wight?