Six Ways To Up Your Energy Levels This Spring

Six Ways To Up Your Energy Levels This Spring

Spring is finally here and I am so happy as the skies are bright when I leave for work in the mornings and back home in the afternoon and generally the world is a chirpier place. This is the perfect time of the year to put some ‘spring’ back in your step and improve your energy levels.

I have to admit I lack energy throughout the year and not at a particular time so I’m always on the lookout for ways to improve my levels.

Take supplements

I’ve been trying the Magnesium Citrate and Methyl Multinutrient supplements from Biocare as they’re perfect for improving your energy and immunity level whilst reducing your tiredness and fatigue which if you’re anything like me and rarely sleep enough that’s a great help.

I’ve been taking these supplements for a few weeks now and I’ve definitely felt like I have a bit more get up and go, whether this is the placebo effect or not I don’t know, but to be honest I don’t mind because they did what I was hoping they would.

Make sure you eat breakfast

Breakfast is always described as the most important meal of the day and this is especially true if you struggle to feel alert in the mornings. Make sure you go for healthier options like fruit, porridge, an omelette or wholemeal toast as opposed to fatty or deep fried options as although a fry-up might seem like a great idea it takes your body so long to digest it leaving you with less energy.

Avoid caffeine after 2pm

I don’t drink coffee but I am a sucker for Pepsi max and other diet fizzy drinks and while I do set myself a time limit it’s 7pm so pretty late compared to this advise. Caffeine is great for increasing your alertness so starting your day with some can be really beneficial and sharpen your mind but advice suggests you should avoid it after 2pm otherwise you might struggle to unwind in the evenings which can cause restlessness before bedtime. Having enough sleep is a sure fire way to put the Spring back in your step.

Wayfair Bed and Leesa Mattress

Get a good nights sleep

Following on from this it might seem obvious that getting enough sleep can keep you energised throughout the day but did you know that it can take between 24 and 36 hours for your body to recover from a bad night’s sleep so one night can have a knock on effect for the rest of the week. I can vouch for this as if I have one late night I really struggle for the whole next day which isn’t what you want, especially if you’re heading to work. If you do have a bad night’s sleep make sure you stay hydrated, eat well and don’t drink too much caffeine the next day.

Add protein to your diet

Protein is a great way to fill you up and give you energy throughout the day. My absolute favourite is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast as it’s tasty and full of protein. Food like tuna, chicken, nuts and various peas and beans can also be great at boosting your protein.

Avoid alcohol before bed

Although a nice glass of wine at dinner might seem tempting alcohol can be a hindrance when it comes to falling asleep even if you feel drowsy after drinking in. You’re more likely to wake up feeling groggy the next morning if you drink alcohol and of course it can dehydrate your body so if you do have anything before bed make sure to drink a glass of water after or in between drinks.

How are you putting the Spring in your step?

Six Ways To Up Your Energy Levels This Spring

*This post was written in collaboration with Biocare but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. May 24, 2018 / 1:59 pm

Awesome tips and I will be looking into the supplements you have mentioned x

2. May 24, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Biocare is a fantastic supplement company and I have a student practitioner account with them so get them super cheap.

3. May 24, 2018 / 10:00 pm

I’ll look into the supplements. I was taking floradix but I didn’t see a huge difference to be honest.

4. May 25, 2018 / 12:33 am

I normally stop having caffeine after about 6 I’m not sure I could manage to cut it back till 2 but I might have to give it a whirl if it will help my energy!

5. May 25, 2018 / 8:36 am

I am feeling really run down so these sound like just what I need for an added boost

6. May 25, 2018 / 11:59 am

Great tips, these! I’m guilty of the afternoon caffeine thing, myself. I need to fix that!

7. May 26, 2018 / 8:42 am

These are some great tips, I’m always feeling knackered so shall put some of them into play! x

8. May 27, 2018 / 12:45 am

These are all good ways to keep energy levels up. What I specifically do are eating breakfast and getting enough sleep.

9. May 27, 2018 / 3:04 pm

Another great post here Rhian. I have been taking supplements for a couple of months and drinking 2 litres of water a day which I have never done before. I feel lots better,and my skin is showing it too!
    Wish I could get some early night; Bit of an insomniac unfortunately, nothing to do with coffee though as I cannot bear the stuff lol

10. May 28, 2018 / 12:16 pm

I really needed to read this post as I have been struggling with fatigue and tiredness for so long. I will check out Biocare 🙂

11. May 28, 2018 / 8:28 pm

These are good tips. I’ll look into the supplements above as I was using Floradix and didn’t see any real results. A good night’s sleep is the hardest one to get right for me!

12. May 28, 2018 / 9:21 pm

I am feeling to tired lately even when I have a seemingly full night sleep so will bookmark this!!

13. May 28, 2018 / 9:40 pm

Great tips. I really suffer with low energy due to chronic illness and I find taking a magnesium supplement definitely helps. I also need way more sleep too.

14. May 30, 2018 / 7:36 am

I wish I could get a good night’s sleep but with my current travel schedule and non-stop deadlines at work is madness. But I am loving your tips, will need to implement the other ones though.

15. May 30, 2018 / 10:01 am

I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in sooooo long – once I’ve got the house sorted and can get off the sofa bed and actually into a proper bed, I think I’m going to sleep for a week haha! I’ve never tried any supplements though, maybe I should try some in the interim x