London Bucket List Update 2018

London Bucket List Update 2018

I can’t believe that my last London bucket list update was 6 month’s ago, it’s genuinly scary for me how fast time is going and how we’re almost in full on summer mode here. I don’t think I’ve actually been into London as much over the past 6 month’s as I have previously so sadly I’ve not ticked off quite as many things off my list as I’d like but I’m deteminded to get some things booked soon.

Here’s how I’ve got on over the past six months.

Visit Kew Gardens

I didn’t manage to visit Kew Gardens but this is mainly because of the time of the year as I want to go there in the sunshine and it’s only just started getting warm. This a definite thing for the summer time as I’ve only ever been at Christmas and I didn’t get to see many of the flowers because it was so dark.

See School of Rock

Again another thing I didn’t manage to do as we’ve had quite a busy six months and I’ve just not managed to book anything but I’m determinded to find a deal and book me and Luke tickets at some point soon even if we don’t even go until the end of the year. I just need to see this again as it was so good when I was in New York and I want Luke to experience it.

the globe theatre

Visit the Globe Theatre for a tour

I had a London day with my best friend in April and we finally managed to head to The Globe Theatre for a tour. I’m going to be honest I don’t even think I’d really seen the outside before the tour but it was such an interesting tour, especially as our guide was both informative and hilarious. Inside it was smaller than I had expected but then I’m used to larger London theatres so I shouldn’t have been shocked. Now we’re keen to go to a show there and experience it from the other side.

Have ice-cream from Milk Train

I had planned to go to Milk Train during a London day with my friend but we had a huge afternoon tea and were just so full that we didn’t fancy ice cream so we gave it a miss. It’s a definite on my list as I want ice cream and candy floss.

Chin Chin Labs

Go to Chin Chin labs

I finally made it to Chin Chin Labs in January but actually ended up in the Soho store as opposed to the Camden one I’d seen on numerous occasions. We opted for some hot chocolate which was so nice and although it was quite rich it wasn’t sickly. We also shared some ice-cream which was chocolate nitro ice-cream with burnt white chocolate on top and it was so good. I definitely know I’ll be heading back at the sweets were so nice.

Have ice cream from Soft Serve Society

Another ice cream place which I just haven’t managed to tick off my list. Soft Serve is a little out of the way so I will get there one day but sadly the past six months just wasn’t the right time.

afternoon tea

Have afternoon tea at the Malmaison, London

On the same day that me and my best friend did The Globe Theatre tour we also had afternoon tea at the Malmaison hotel in London which was so nice. It was such a reasonably priced afternoon tea at under £25 and it included some lovely bits including a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, mini burger and egg mayo sub roll to start followed by loads of treats and a scone each (although I could have eaten about four of them!) My friend has recently become a vegetarian and they offered a veggie version of all the items which was great for her.

End of 2018 London Bucket List

• Visit Kew Gardens
  • See School of Rock
  • Have ice-cream at Milk Train
  • Have ice-cream at Soft Serve Society
  • Go to Bicester Village – I know this technically isn’t in London but it’s close enough
  • Have pizza at pizza pilgrims
  • Go to Columbia Road Flower Market

London bucket list update 2018

1. July 3, 2018 / 5:15 pm

I’ve never been to Kew Gardens either, and I didn’t even know the school of rock existed. Thanks for the great post, you learn something new on your blog all the time.

2. Kristina Maggiora
    July 3, 2018 / 11:40 pm

omg i wanna see school of rock too! so cool that you’re ticking things off your bucketlist!

3. July 4, 2018 / 7:35 am

We’ve still yet to visit Kew Gardens and really wanted to visit their Peter Rabbit event but never got round to it. School of Rock is supposed to be amazing and we saw a sneak preview at last years Camp Bestival x

4. July 4, 2018 / 8:58 am

Thank you for sharing with me. Kew Garden is something I would like to go. You actually brought one thing which I like more than my life known as Ice Cream. Ice Cream Milk train is something I would want in my e very meal. And sometimes Pizza also. So Thank You again for sharing this

5. July 4, 2018 / 9:06 am

I love Columbia Road Flower Market. Go early before the tourists arrive!

6. Fatima
    July 4, 2018 / 10:57 pm

London has so much to do! I’ve been there several times and visit London almost every week, but there are still lots of things in my bucket list! Not to forget, it has some great ice cream places.

7. July 5, 2018 / 7:26 am

It’s a great idea to have a bucket list for the entire year on what all you want to achieve and places you want to visit, things you wish to do. I would also love to make something like this

8. July 5, 2018 / 4:14 pm

This looks really great evI have a bucket list and Lonton tops the list after reading your post .I realised that now I know what and how and where to go in London. Pictures are amazing I must say.

9. July 5, 2018 / 5:48 pm

That is a very interesting bucket list for London! Kew Gardens is probably the only thing that would make my list if I hadn’t lived in London for many years. But I’m just showing my age now! Time certainly does fly, I can’t believe we’re in the second half of the year!

10. July 5, 2018 / 6:41 pm

HOw have I never heard of either Milk Train or Soft Serve Society? My daughter went to see School of ROck last year and loved every minute!

11. July 6, 2018 / 1:32 pm

I’ve always heard about London being awesome and I can’t agree more!If it has all these wonderful places, then it should be in my future travel bucket list too. The school of rock would be one place I’d want to visit asap!

12. July 6, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Looks like it was a fun time out there in London. I did love Kew Gardens. But above all I really liked the Globe Theater out there. I had such an amazing time.

13. July 6, 2018 / 8:05 pm

The bucket list is quite inspired, could be used to tour our own town or city. London itself is huge and has plenty of wonderful places to visit. I really want to visit The Globe Theatre especially the association with Shakespeare. Interesting!

14. July 7, 2018 / 8:39 am

I’m dying to see School of Rock! Those kids are super talented, and I think my two would really enjoy it 🙂

Louise x

15. July 7, 2018 / 11:41 pm

I plan to go I London next year! I have no idea where to start so this guide is very helpful!

16. July 10, 2018 / 8:19 am

Sounds like a great list. We don’t visit London nearly as much as we’d like.