Five Things Which Impressed Me About Victorious Festival

Five Things Which Impressed Me About Victorious Festival

Last weekend in tradition English fashion the weather was shocking and it felt like all the summers rain fell in one weekend. The weekend played host to some of the final music festivals of the summer including Reading & Leeds and Victorious, the later of which I went to.

Year after year I yearned about going to Victorious, especially as a number of my friends went to university in Portsmouth and for a number of years I had somewhere to stay but I was too loyal to Reading. For the second year on the trot the Reading lineup just didn’t appeal to me in the same way it did as a teenager so me and Luke opted to head to Victorious for it’s final day as The Prodigy were headlining.

Sadly the weather was pretty pants for the whole weekend, although I am very thankful I dressed for the weather and opted for leggings, Dr Martens, layers and a raincoat otherwise I wouldn’t have been a happy bunny. I had wanted to grasp onto summer for just a little bit and wear a dress and sandals but it wasn’t meant to be, JD Williams had some great gold sandals which I took inspiraiton from.

Here are some of the things which impressed me about the festival.

The layout

With so many stages (18 in total) layout was something I was a little worried about, mainly how far it would be to walk from the main two stages but actually it was laid out so well right across the Southsea Common and along the seafront. As there was so much space at no point did it ever get too crowded or have a funnelling effect causing a tailback and we managed to walk freely between the stages despite the fact that there were thousands and thousands of people milling about.

The amount of stages

Following on from my point above the number of stages is such a positive thing as it means there’s something for everyone. Even if you’re not keen on the main acts you can wander the fields and find something be it on the acoustic, comedy or world stages. Some of the acts on the smaller stages might not be that well heard of but that’s one of the joys of festivals, discovering new acts.

victorious festival sign

Great headliners

In my mind Victorious is still quite a small festival when in actual fact it isn’t with thousands of festival goers decending on each of the three days. The Libertines took the headline slot on Friday night with Paul Weller taking the spot on Saturday, and then The Prodigy on Sunday evening which is the day that we went. For The Prodigy it was their UK festival exclusive making the night even more special.

How easy it is to get to

Victorious is hosted in such an easy location just a few miles off the motorway in Southsea, Portsmouth. I’d have expected a lot of additional traffic heading into the festival site but it didn’t take any longer to reach Southsea than it usually does for me to drive there. We prebooked a car parking pass which was only £10 for the day which is so considerable considering we spent double that when we went to Rize Festival. The carparking space was right next to the festival site so there was limited walking in the rain.

How on time everything was despite the rain

Usually rain at a festival means things end up running late or there’s delays but Victorious ran right on time throughout with no delays on any of the acts. This meant that despite the rain we still managed to catch all the acts at the right times.

Five Things Which Impressed Me About Victorious Festival

*This post has been written in collaboration with JD Williams but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. August 30, 2018 / 2:07 pm

It sounds like a great festival and I am glad you enjoyed yourself despite the weather. I saw a few people on my timeline went to Victorious,it definitely looked like a lot of fun!

2. August 30, 2018 / 2:42 pm

The weather was atrocious last week wasn’t it. Glad to hear it all ran on time despite of this. Sounds like a fun event.

3. August 31, 2018 / 9:47 am

Sounds like a great festival. You seem to enjoy alot. I also like the thing that despite of atrocious weather event started on time.

4. August 31, 2018 / 11:35 am

It sounded like a great festival bar the rain… but I guess that makes it only more authentic lol.

5. Hannah
    August 31, 2018 / 11:42 am

Looks like a good festival even though the weather wasnt great. Looks like you had fun

6. September 1, 2018 / 11:33 am

It looks like Victorious was an amazing festival. What a lovely experience. We went to our first festival last weekend and loved it!

7. September 1, 2018 / 9:42 pm

Sounds like a fab festival, that is an impressive amount of stages! Love your jacket x

8. Helen
    September 2, 2018 / 1:19 pm

Victorious festival sounds great, I can’t believe how many stages there are! I’ve always fancied going but like you said it’s always the same weekend as Leeds Fest. It rained lots there too haha!

9. September 3, 2018 / 11:35 am

I love hw festivals really go for it no matter what the weather, Victorious sounds great and I love your raincoat!

10. September 4, 2018 / 1:00 pm

It does look like such an awesome festival. You really lucked out with the headliners too!

11. September 4, 2018 / 7:40 pm

This looks amazing. Goold old weather huh? To be honest I haven’t heard of this festival before. I’ll check it out. x

12. September 5, 2018 / 4:31 pm

I have never heard of this festival and I have to agree the Reading/Leeds festival line-up wasn’t great I think there were two acts I wanted to see which were Papa Roach and Sum41 my sister went and she recorded them. I’ve come to the conclusion that I must be getting old and at that stage where new music is just rubbish haha.

13. September 6, 2018 / 5:48 pm

We went to Victorious on the Saturday but am afraid to say the rain put us off on Sunday – I don’t mind the wet, but the kids would have been fed up

14. September 7, 2018 / 7:35 am

I always thinks the rain makes a festival more fun. Once you’re wet through you just assume it won’t get any worse and just let go haha!

Katie xoxo

15. September 8, 2018 / 9:16 am

I’d never heard of the Victorious Festival before reading your post but it sounds great. I would love to see the Libertines live. They’re my kind of band 🙂

Louise x

16. September 10, 2018 / 1:15 am

I wanted to go to this to see Embrace again, but I was busy that weekend. Looked like fun!