My Favourite Things To Do On A Lazy Weekend

My Favourite Things To Do On A Lazy Weekend

There’s no denying the fact that absolutely everything in the world is busy. In between all the strands which make up my working life alongside the social aspect it can be tough to have any true relaxation time. So it’s not all that often that I get a proper lazy weekend, or even a proper lazy day, but when it does happen I am all over it. There’s a fine line to walk between doing absolutely nothing of note and having a lazy day, but here are some of my favourite things to do on a lazy weekend.

Not having to set an alarm

I am all about the sleep and while I get a reasonable amount during the week (around 7-7.5 hours) anytime the option of a lie in happens I will grab it with both hands. I have a super comfortable bed and one of the best things about a lazy weekend is not having to set an alarm as I always feel so much better when I wake up naturally even if I don’t end up sleeping for much longer. As I get up much earlier during the week now a natural sleep for me doesn’t tend to last longer than 9am but it means I have the rest of the day to myself.

Making a feel good breakfast

I am a huge fan of going out for brunch but when I’m having a lazy weekend the last thing I want to do is go out and have to face the public so I would usually do a food shop before my weekend in preparation. Having a decent sized breakfast always makes me feel happy as I don’t sit down and have more than toast or cereal during the weekend so fried eggs and mushrooms are always a must for me, sometimes a cheese and mushroom omelette if I’m feeling adventurous.

garden villa breakfast

Finding a new series to watch or binge watching an existing one

I can easily binge watch a good series in a day or so as proved when I went through Great News and Insatiable on Netflix within around 48 hours max. If I know I have a full weekend I will generally finish up whatever series I am watching and start another easy watch one which I can have on but I don’t need to concentrate too much on. I love having shows on in the background when I am just lounging around on the sofa and it’s an achievement when Netflix asks if you’re still watching.

Having a bath

I am a huge bath fan but during the week it can be tough to find the time to have one so during a lazy weekend I love making the time to have one. I will use a mass of products from bath salts and oils to fizzing bombs and bubble bath, the more the merrier when it comes to feeling indulgent. Generally I will lay in the bath with a face mask on, a magazine in hand and a drink sitting on my bath caddy, pure relaxation.

What do you like to do on a lazy weekend?

My Favourite Things To Do On A Lazy Weekend

1. September 21, 2018 / 4:53 pm

Reese makes a peanut butter lipbalm? I’m sold! The weekend should be for relaxing but unfortunately I usually end up working

2. September 21, 2018 / 6:34 pm

I love being able to turn my alarm off and wake up naturally on a lazy weekend, followed by a delicious breakfast. Baths are my go-to for a relaxing evening, I try to have one at least once a week.

3. September 21, 2018 / 9:31 pm

It’s so nice not have a routine to follow on days off isn’t it? My boys still wake up quite early sadly, but it’s nice not to have to rush around. Staying in our pj’s longer is always relaxing! x

4. September 21, 2018 / 9:47 pm

Not having an alarm set is the best thing ever! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

5. Fatima
    September 22, 2018 / 1:52 am

I love it when I can sleep for a longer time and don’t have to bother putting up an alarm. Happy weekend!

6. September 22, 2018 / 4:56 pm

I don’t set an alarm either – unfortunately my kids always end up waking me up early anyway haha! We definitely get a lot of binge watching done on a lazy weekend too.

7. September 22, 2018 / 9:43 pm

I am totally loving your weekend, I so wish mine was just like yours…unfortunately our saturdays at the moment are busiest with all their after school activities. Hoping to relax tomorrow and have a relaxing bath or watch some good shows.

8. September 22, 2018 / 9:46 pm

I’m just wishing for any of these as a mother of two very littles, I can has no things like lie ins… but loving your points!

9. September 22, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I used to love having relaxing mornings and watching films but they stopped when I had my son haha itโ€™s a lot more active now

10. September 24, 2018 / 2:41 am

Rhian, I’d be afraid of that lip balm–might make me develop an interest in candy, something I haven’t wasted my never-more-than-6-teaspoons-in-a-day sugar allowance on in many years! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m not a big fan of going out for brunch–brunches always overwhelm me with choices and I end up eating less than I would have if I’d ordered an ordinary breakfast, which is really annoying because brunches are so much more expensive! So I agree with you: a lovely breakfast at home, a relaxing and pampering bath, a Netflix binge! Or a good book.

11. September 28, 2018 / 5:27 pm

A feel good breakfast is a hit with me! We love to have a lazy weekend and lounge around in our pyjamas eating all the food and watching a movie!

12. September 28, 2018 / 7:55 pm

I am so with you on all of these, there is something about a lazy weekend, watching up on your favourite shows, a delicious breakfast in bed! Just bliss.

13. September 30, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Ooo I love to have a bath and enjoy a beautiful breakfast too. Also, nice to enjoy afternoon sweet treats x

14. September 30, 2018 / 7:41 pm

My children occupying themselves for a little while so I can sleep longer is bliss on a lazy weekend

15. September 30, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Watching Netflix is a must on a lazy weekend. I completely devoured Maniac on there last weekend. It was fab!!

Louise x

16. Jem
    October 1, 2018 / 3:11 am

I love binge watching things at the weekend. Recently Iโ€™ve loved Bodygaurd.

17. October 1, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Not having to set an alarm is somethibg that I’m always looking forward during weekends. I get all the sleep that I want.