Five Treats In London Which Taste And Look Great

Five Treats In London Which Taste And Look Great

I always have a list of places in London that I need to visit and more often than not they’re places to eat at because food is life, and I’ve done a lot of the tourist destinations already. While I do love savoury food, sweet treats will always be my downfall so I’m always checking out bakeries, ice cream shops and food halls to find the best of what London has to offer. Of course the internet and social media plays a part in what I seek out because who doesn’t love a pretty Instagram ready treat, but it has to taste good as well as looking good. Here are five treats which will look good on your social media but also taste great.

blondies kitchen cookie

Blondie’s Kitchen

Blondie’s kitchen was somewhere I discovered through a Facebook video which seemed to be doing the rounds. The main draw was of a large cookie which had alternating nutella and peanut butter toppings which looked incredible. The brand have a few small standalone stores including one around Carnaby but they also have a stand in the Selfridges Food Hall which is where I visited. You can get a whole range of cookies from traditional chocolate chip and blondies to kinder and mini versions of the nutella and peanut butter wheel. There’s also cookie dough and sandwiches where you can squish cookie dough between traditional cookies and you can even wash it down with some milk. The cookies themselves were so soft and well baked even the next morning so it’s definitely worth a trip if you’re craving cookies.

soft serve society charcoal coconut ice cream

Self Serve Society

I’d seen soft serve society all over Instagram due to their marshmellow topped ice creams so I decided to take a trip to Boxpark in Shoreditch one Sunday afternoon to see what other ice creams they had on offer. I wasn’t there for the marshmellow as yes it looks cool but I’m not a huge fan, but their charcoal coconut ice cream was shouting out to me. The charcoal element gives it a black colour which appealed to my inner goth but the coconut gave it such a nice flavour which wasn’t too heavy. You can choose from different soft serve ice creams, the cones and any toppings but there’s also sundeas and freakshakes available.

milk train ice cream with candy floss

Milk train

This is another one which I spotted all over Instagram and chances are you’ve seen it too, ice cream with the candy floss ring around it, remember now?! I thought this was going to be the biggest fad of them all but curiosity made me give in so I headed to the Covent Garden store, queued for about 5-10 minutes and then I was greeted with my cookies and cream candy floss surrounded ice cream. Yes it looked pretty cool but the candy floss also tasted really good too, although it was pretty tricky to eat. I’ve had quite a lot of ice creams and this was definitely a solid effort and not just pure novelty.

Doughnut time nutella donut

Donut time

I actually spotted this spot in person before realising that it had a social media following, pretty much a first for me. With small pop ups and stores around London Donut time do some of the best novelty doughnuts which taste incredible. I went to their Shoreditch store first and was taken by the amazing decorations and quirky names like ‘Notorious P.I.G’ (a doughnut covered in percy pig sweets) and ‘Love At First Bite’ (a doughnut filled with nutella). I’ve had a few of these and firstly the decorations are always incredible but they also taste so good, and they’re actually really good value when you consider how big they are.

Naked Dough

Naked Dough

I first discovered Naked Dough after walking around Westfield shopping centre but have since been back to their Camden Market stand a few times. Everything they sell is around edible cookie dough and in itself is a great concept but the flavours are amazing from basic chocolate chip through to kinder and nutella flavours. You can choose to have it in a cup which I usually do for ease of eating or in a cone, and you can mix it with ice cream making it feel less heavy. I find one single scoop is more than enough for a treat especially as there are so many topping choices too. If like me you’re a huge fan of eating the leftovers in the bowl after baking then you’ll love Naked Dough.

Five Treats In London Which Taste And Look Great

1. September 26, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Sweet treats will always be my downfall, too! That ice cream looks so yummy. Never tried or heard about the naked dough but I would love to try it.

2. September 26, 2018 / 6:22 pm

Oh wow – yes please to all of these! We’re heading to London soon, so I’m going to note these places down, thank you 🙂

3. Monidipa Dutta
    September 26, 2018 / 9:36 pm

London is one of my favorite places as I keep visiting there and I have many many friends there. I love the milk train. ❤❤

4. September 27, 2018 / 2:43 am

OMG Naked Dough looks amazing! I wonder if they have one in NYC.

5. September 27, 2018 / 9:27 am

Wow! I’ve been to London twice now and I have never went to any of these places. I have a sweet tooth myself and the next time I’m there, I’m definitely paying these places a visit!

6. September 27, 2018 / 11:35 am

Oh my gosh all of these look SO good, I am practically dribbling lol! I have never tried any of these but would love to be able to one day. The raw cookie dough sounds particularly amazing but so do the cookies at the top!

7. September 27, 2018 / 1:53 pm

These places look so yummy! I want to come to London for a cheat day haha. I would be really keen to try Naked Dough

8. Nicolette Lafonseca
    September 27, 2018 / 7:24 pm

That doughnut is so cute with the mini jar all the treats are so pretty I would get over it though nothing is too pretty to eat!

9. September 27, 2018 / 11:18 pm

The doughnuts look absolutely delicious! 🙂 x

10. September 28, 2018 / 10:40 am

Ohhh my goodness Rhian these look amazing!! Im with you on the sweet tooth thing, thats my thing too!

11. Elizabeth O
    September 28, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Oh that Nutella doughnut is making me crave right now! I definitely need to try one of those in my life. Everything looks amazing!

12. Helen
    September 28, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Oh wow these all look so good! Sweet treats are always my downfall too. I would love the Naked Dough and Self Serve Society.

13. September 29, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Donut Time is one of my favourite treats to have in London too – they’re amazing! x

14. September 29, 2018 / 9:15 pm

The cookies from Blondies Kitchen look amazing, so does naked dough. Yum, I’m looking forward to my next trip to london now!

15. September 30, 2018 / 10:34 pm

Ohb my word, you’ve been hanging out at the best places, I’m intrigued by the charcoal coconut ice cream. Mich x

16. September 30, 2018 / 10:57 pm

I definitely need to get to London and check these places out. I’m always in awe when on your Insta at all the delicious treats!

17. October 1, 2018 / 5:29 am

I am off to London this coming weekend and excited to be visiting a couple of these places, doughnuts will be the first stop

18. October 1, 2018 / 9:27 am

Those giant cookies – I want one!! I’ll definitely have to check that place out the next time I’m in the city.

19. October 1, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Some superb goodies and treats you have found. I think for me the ones I would head straight for would be the donuts (we have something similar in Nottingham) with the fun treats and sweet flavoured and the naked dough, as I love cookie dough!

20. October 1, 2018 / 3:52 pm

Oh my goodness these all look absolutely AMAZING! I honestly don’t know which one I would want to try first as I was going through each one nodding my head more and more haha! That cookie looks delicious though!

21. October 1, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Ok as a Londoner I feel bad that i’ve not heard of these places! Looks like I need to pay a visit to some of them!

22. October 1, 2018 / 5:58 pm

Oh my, these all look amazing – think I missed a trick when we visited last week

23. October 4, 2018 / 7:47 am

Oh my word!! I’ve bookmarked all of these to visit next time I’m in london! Those cookies look amazing!

Katie xoxo