Four Quick Projects To Inject Some New Life Into Your House

Four Quick Projects To Inject Some New Life Into Your House

This is a collaborative post but all thoughts and opinions are my own

Over the past year I have been doing a lot more interiors/ homestyle posts and I have to admit I am really loving them and I can’t wait until we actually move so I can create more content around big projects and renovating a house (you all have that to look forward to!) But until then it’s all about the smaller changes you can make and how best to maximize the space you already have, be it a house, a flat, or a room in a house share.

Make a feature wall

Now you might not want to go all out and paint all the walls in your house so a good option is to choose one wall and make it into your feature wall. I have a feature wall which is wallpapered in both of the bedrooms in my flat and I think it makes the whole room stand out and it gives it some personality. Although this was done about 4.5 years ago and my tastes have changed a bit so I think I’d go for something a bit more neutral like this brick walling which would look really good in an industrial style bedroom or as a feature wall in an open plan kitchen/ diner.

Repaint the window panes and door surrounds

You don’t need to go all out and paint an entire wall, just adding some paint around the window panes and the door frames will make such a difference to the space. You can opt to go really clean and chose a bright white finish, or you can add some character (and hide any dirt) with something like a grey which is what I plan on doing when we move. I love the idea of lighter/ neutral walls and mid-grey coloured window panes.

Replace the skirting boards

Skirting boards are the kinds of things which a lot of people tend to forget about as in most situations you don’t see them as there’s furniture against them but replacing the skirting boards can instantly breathe some life into your space. Even though I’ve only been in my new built flat for six years, as they only used cheap wood it’s not looking it’s best, so if I planned on being here for a lot longer this is a project I’d do.

Rearrange your furniture and space

If you’re in a rented space then the projects above might not be things you can do as some properties are strict on personalizing the space too much, but something you can do is rearrange what you have. When I was a kid I loved nothing more than rearranging all the furniture in my room as doing that made the room feel brand new. By rearranging furniture you might find a better use for the space around you or find you end up with more space.

What have you done to refresh your space?

Four Quick Projects To Inject Some New Life Into Your House

1. October 25, 2018 / 12:44 pm

I’ve always wanted to have a feature wall but never been brave enough!

2. October 26, 2018 / 5:12 pm

I’m in the process of creating a feature wall right now, although it will be more of a gallery wall because we’re rented.
    C x

3. October 26, 2018 / 7:30 pm

These are all great ideas. I would love to create a feature wall in our home to give it a different look and add some colour.

4. October 26, 2018 / 8:01 pm

The only thing i can do in my rented space is re arrange my furniture which i do seasonally.

5. October 26, 2018 / 8:12 pm

I know exactly what you mean about rearranging furniture. I loved doing this as a kid with my Mum too, it always makes a room feel new and exciting, doesn’t it!

6. October 26, 2018 / 10:54 pm

I’ve not done anything for quite a while and I should as it is getting boring. Nexr job is to sort our fireplace. Mich x

7. October 27, 2018 / 8:50 am

Great tips, these! Our house is looking so dull and dreary. I even picked up some kitchen books to daydream about remodelling as I’m in such a house rut. These tips are much more affordable, lol!

8. October 27, 2018 / 9:44 am

I’ve spent my whole life moving houses and making the most of the space I’ve had most of my housing I couldn’t decorate as it was forces housing. Positioning of furniture is the most important and then accessories like curtains rugs cushions are what transforms it all.

9. October 28, 2018 / 5:10 am

You compiled a great list of quick and easy DIY home projects to not only change ou space but to breathe new life into it and love it all over again. It’s true, something as simple as painting an accent wall or rearranging the furniture can do wonders to bring in new energy and joy into the home space.

10. Roma
    October 28, 2018 / 11:59 am

Our lives have gone from home owners to renters so the idea of rearranging furniture is a good suggestion for renters where you can’t any permanent changes.

11. October 28, 2018 / 2:13 pm

I love these ideas! We regularly rearrange our rooms and update them with a new coat of paint! Plus a few new cheap cushions or houseplants can make an amazing difference too!

12. October 28, 2018 / 7:05 pm

i really love the idea of a feature wall – I want to add to the photos going up the stairs too πŸ™‚

13. October 28, 2018 / 10:14 pm

These are some great ways to change your house up. I can’t wait to own my own house – I really want a feature wall!

14. October 28, 2018 / 10:24 pm

I recently re-arranged the bedroom. Something I have done every six months. Finished my big de-cluttering and we are ready for Christmas.

Angela Xx.

15. Jem
    October 29, 2018 / 6:00 am

A feature wall is a great way to inject some life into a room.

16. October 30, 2018 / 2:52 pm

I love having a feature wall, it’s great to then accessorise around

17. October 31, 2018 / 10:10 pm

I always think re-positioning your furniture can make you fall in love with your room all over again. Great tips πŸ™‚

Louise x