How A Multi Functional Desk Stand Can Change Everything

How A Multi Functional Desk Stand Can Change Everything

A desk is a complete necessity for me and despite the fact that I don’t use it nearly as much as I’d like it’s a hub within my flat and houses everything I need stationary and otherwise.

Slowly but surely my boyfriend’s items seem to be materializing in my flat, the latest thing to arrive was his 3D printer which fit perfectly on my desk after I’d had a clear out. But one thing which hasn’t made it’s way is his PC gaming set up which still lives at his house. I did start to wonder how his gear would ever fit within my flat but after using a Varidesk stand* I am convinced everything will be okay.

VarideskWhen the Varidesk first arrived I was shocked at both how big and how heavy the item was but thankfully this just translates that it’s well made and durable, something you want in a desk solution which you may be using a lot of the time. Varidesk works as a sit-stand desk solution with a dual handle design on the side where you just squeeze the handles to raise and lower your Varidesk. Despite the weight as the stand has a spring-loaded mechanism, it’s easy and quick to move and the weighted bottom means it doesn’t move around.

Varidesk 2Firstly let’s talk about the Varidesk as a stand, in general, firstly due to the tiers it really does maximize the space. When we put it on my boyfriend’s desk for his gaming PC we realized that there was so much room which will be great when it’s moved to mine as we’ll be able to put the keyboard etc away and still have a working area at the front for our laptops which is absolutely perfect when you’re using one desk for multiple different things; working, gaming, writing etc.

But it isn’t just about maximizing space, with the handles on the side you can lift up the tiers of the stand so that you can use it whilst standing. Gone are the days of leaning over to type something while you’re standing up, and gone are the days of having to sit uncomfortably in a chair. Used in the gaming position we have it in it means that we can easily click different things on the PC during a game without having to bend down which is super useful especially when using the VR headset.

Have you ever tried a standing desk?

1. October 18, 2017 / 2:23 pm

This looks like a great quality piece of furniture. I have heard so many good things about standing desks too. My other half swears he gets more work done at his standing desk! 😀

2. October 18, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Wow this does seem like a great addition that would benefit many that work from home on a computer. I sit most of the day as I write a lot but this would give me the opportunity to stand too which would be nice.

3. October 18, 2017 / 8:22 pm

What a great idea! I’ve been really naughty this week and have worked from my sofa rather than my desk as it’s just too cramped in my tiny office corner. This would really help!

4. Nancy Laws
    October 19, 2017 / 12:18 am

I am a huge vari desk fan! Glad to see you profile it, it is so comfortable to work with and can have multiple uses if you do not have a dedicated work space. It makes working on the go (around your home) so easy

5. October 19, 2017 / 2:46 am

I have a tower so yes,I do from a old desk that we got from Ikea in a different life. I actually need a new comfy chair and a new light bulb in my lamp

6. October 19, 2017 / 9:40 am

this looks such a great idea i have struggles with space on my overcrowded desk too being mum to 8 , blogger and home educator

7. melissa major
    October 19, 2017 / 2:08 pm

This sounds like a brilliant thing to help save with space! Will have to invest in one

8. October 19, 2017 / 8:22 pm

I’ve just downgraded my desk to try and save some space! I love the idea of being able to lower and raise the desk with the handles.

9. Jen
    October 20, 2017 / 10:48 am

The desk tends to be my husband’s space, I get to take over the coffee table instead. But it amuses me looking at the desk, because he has everything balanced and poised, and I often think he could do with another level to just even things out. So this kind of thing would work really well, and the adjustable level is a fab idea.

10. October 20, 2017 / 12:58 pm

This looks like a great little desk I have something similar to this in my blogging space and it really helps maximize space!

11. October 20, 2017 / 1:21 pm

I have never tried a standing desk, but wouldn’t mind giving one a go 🙂 x

12. October 20, 2017 / 3:04 pm

I haven’t used a standing desk before, but it’s worth the shot. x

13. October 20, 2017 / 9:21 pm

I’ve never come across something like this but I’m sure my hubby could make use of it once we get a house with office space again!

14. October 21, 2017 / 8:56 am

My mummy has a standing desk at her work, it takes a lot to get used too but great for back pain and burning calories x

15. Dannii
    October 21, 2017 / 1:23 pm

We are just about the design the office in our new house and I am really considering a standing desk.

16. October 21, 2017 / 1:27 pm

I have considered a standing desk and I am loving the look of this desk definitely something I could do with

17. October 21, 2017 / 4:20 pm

I haven’t used a standing desk before but it looks a great way of maximising space.

18. October 21, 2017 / 9:40 pm

I know quite a few people who swear by standing desks. We don’t have space for any kind of desk at home, so I just work at the kitchen table.

19. October 23, 2017 / 7:04 pm

We have standing desks at work. I love the switch between, helps my legs/knees as well as my back as it stops me from crossing my legs.

20. October 23, 2017 / 9:10 pm

I have never tried a standing desk but may just give it a go now

Thanks for the advice
    Phoebe

21. October 23, 2017 / 10:45 pm

I love the sound of this! I’ve used a couple of standing desks when working from temp offices and they’re wonderful, I think I work better somehow? I don’t know why, maybe it’s the novelty! x

22. October 26, 2017 / 2:18 am

What a great idea, I haven’t even thought of using one of these before now but it would be so useful.