Five Things – Week 91

Five Things – Week 91

Five Things I Did This Week

• On both Monday and Wednesday, I had some catch-up evenings finishing my unpacking and washing alongside tidying my flat and sorting things out. I feel far more in control now than I did before my holiday.
  • Friday saw me head to my very first blogger’s event which was hosted by Holiday Extras. It was held in Shoreditch where there were ball pits (lots of fun) alongside pizza and prosecco. It was nice to catch up with some people and meet some new bloggers.
  • On Saturday we had a bit of a relaxing day which included watching some of The Punisher on Netflix, doing some tidying, popping into town for some Christmas shopping and chilling out.
  • During the day on Sunday, we headed to the cinema to see Justice League and I thought it was better than the reviews have been making out. Yes there were some flaws but overall I really enjoyed it.
  • On Sunday evening me and my boyfriend took our parents out for dinner so that the pair of them could meet for the first time. I was super nervous but they seemed to get on well which is a good thing.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I wrote my Christmas cards out this week. I have probably forgot someone so I’m sure I’ll have some more to write but it’s one thing I can tick off my list of things to do.
  • Across the week I managed to clean each room within my flat and sort out quite a lot of stuff in advance of people coming round over the weekend.
  • I am – give or take – done with my Christmas shopping which makes me really happy too as I feel uber prepared. Just need to start wrapping now.
  • Continuing with the Christmas talk, I bought a new Christmas tree and I am so excited for it to arrive and for the 1st December when it should be going up.
  • My sleeping pattern has been getting better and I seem to be waking up easier in the morning’s which has helped so much with my productivity.

pizza from holiday extras event

Five Things Which Sucked

• I was massively let down by someone who was going to buy my old sofa’s on Thursday evening so we had to rush to try and sell them/ get rid of them from the flat by the weekend which was a pain. In the end, we had to dump them as loads of other people let us down.
  • We were meant to go out on Saturday night with some of my boyfriend’s friends but it seems like everyone has gotten ill at this time of the year so we ended up postponing the night which was a shame.
  • Even though I’ve had my iPhone for about 3 weeks now I still haven’t properly sorted out my banking apps properly, so I really need to do this as I didn’t realize how much I used them.
  • My mum wasn’t feeling too well on Wednesday so we didn’t end up going to aqua aerobics which is a shame as I wanted to get back into it.
  • After going to Asda a few times I couldn’t find the cheese advent calendar but I am determined to find it at some point.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Make a first attempt at organizing and wrapping some Christmas presents. My spare bedroom looks like Santa’s Grotto at the moment so I want to organize what I have
  • Have a good first week back at Slimming World which I restart properly on Wednesday
  • Visit my brother and his girlfriend’s brand new flat. I am so excited that they’re finally getting the keys this week and I can’t wait to be nosy
  • Look into tinsel and some new lights for my Christmas tree so I have them ready for 1st December.
  • Sort out everything ready for my few days at Good Charlotte shows at the weekend.
What have you been up to this week?

1. November 20, 2017 / 2:17 pm

How fun does a ball pit sound! I have to admit I would love to be a big kid and play in one.

2. Joanna
    November 20, 2017 / 2:59 pm

It was nice seeing you at the Holiday Extras event, even if we didn’t really got properly introduced to each other. The event was really fun and I hope to see you at the next one and chat more 🙂

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      November 21, 2017 / 10:16 am

It was absolutely crazy wasn’t it?! Definitely, hopefully next time it won’t be quite as loud so we can talk properly x

3. November 20, 2017 / 5:55 pm

I love the idea of a cheese advent calendar but haven’t seen it as yet. I’ve spotted the gin one in Aldi though. V. impressed with how prepared you are for Chrimbo already!

4. November 20, 2017 / 7:41 pm

It sounds like you had great fun at the bloggers event, I am quite organised with my christmas shopping I have started and need to buy more but Know what we are getting so makes it easier apart from my soon to be born granddaughter as someone else has brought what we were going to get so back to the drawing board.

5. November 20, 2017 / 9:13 pm

I should look into seeing if we have blogger events by us and get some business cards made up just in case I stumble across one. Sorry I couldn’t come ’round for the sofa….I couldn’t find a boat in time.

6. November 20, 2017 / 11:30 pm

I went to an adult ball pit in September and it was the most fun! I’ve also been writing cards but my new puppy decided to chew a few >:( That advent calendar sounds amazing, I too have been looking for it for my stepdad but no luck as of yet!

7. November 21, 2017 / 12:30 am

It was so nice to meet you, you were so lovely! When you are next in London do let me know and we can have a proper catch up, wasn’t Ballie and Ballerson so much fun? Also I hope you find the cheese advent calendar, I have been dying to get my hands on it and can’t find it anywhere! x

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      November 21, 2017 / 10:15 am

It was a pleasure to meet you, we should definitely catch up properly soon x

8. November 21, 2017 / 11:04 am

That’s awesome you went to your first blogger’s event! It’s always great to meet others in your field.

9. Jen
    November 21, 2017 / 1:04 pm

You put me to shame with your organised Christmas shopping, and even the cards! I haven’t even begun, nor considered. Had too much going on with decorating and such like. I’m not going to panic quite yet.

10. November 21, 2017 / 2:10 pm

Ooo the bloggers event sounds fun! You wrote your Christmas cards – you are more organised than me! lol 🙂 x

11. November 21, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Sounds like you’re on top of things! I love when I can get a decent sleep schedule going, even if it’s only for a little while, I feel so much better for it!

12. November 21, 2017 / 3:51 pm

I’d better get ready for my Christmas shopping soon but with my little one’s arrival, I’ve been quite busy. I’ve seen the Justice League and I must say it was amazing.

13. November 21, 2017 / 5:14 pm

My hubby went to watch the Justice league… he loved it. I am so excited to go Christmas shopping too.

14. November 21, 2017 / 8:56 pm

We can’t believe how organised you are with your christmas shopping and that you’ve done card writing. We’ve only just started 🙂

15. November 21, 2017 / 9:50 pm

I’m very jealous as you are so organised! Can’t believe you’ve already written your Christmas cards and bought your Christmas presents! Good luck with the wrapping!

16. November 22, 2017 / 9:14 am

Glad to hear your sleeping pattern is improving. Hope you had fun at your first blogging event. I was nervous when I went to one!

17. November 22, 2017 / 6:40 pm

I am trying to stick to slimming world, but there is too much good food around this time of year! I’m sure you’ll do fabulous though. I am pretty prepared with my Christmas presents this year too! x

18. November 23, 2017 / 12:08 am

You’ve written your Christmas cards already? You’re so organised!! I haven’t even bought mine yet. Eek

Louise x

19. November 27, 2017 / 8:28 pm

Looks like a productive week. Looks like you had a good time at the bloggers event!! I always do my Christmas shopping early and Christmas Cards too so. I actually enjoy my holidays better when things are done with time and without the stresses of leaving things for last minute.