OOTD – Summer Festival Fashion

OOTD – Summer Festival Fashion

As if like magic the sun seems to set up a semi permenant shop in England and it’s been pretty warm for quite a few weeks now which is perfect for festival season. I find dressing for festivals can be a little tricky as with the English weather you can’t guarantee that the temperature it is when you start the day is how the whole day will go.

As a plus sized girl it can make dressing for festivals even more difficult as I’m still conscious about having the very tops of my arms covered as I don’t like having them on show which is why I absolutely love this dress from Pink Clove.

Pink Clove is specific plus sized fashion starting at a size 16 and going right up to a 28 and the dress that I chose is one of the most flattering designs out there so it’s perfect for a long festival day. It’s a wrap design but you don’t have to tie it up yourself which is something I really struggle with. It has a V neckline and is knee length so it’s cool enough for the summer but long enough that you can wear running shorts underneath. I always wear a pair of running shorts as it stops the chaffing during a long day but it also means if I sit down on the floor I don’t have to worry about flashing people.

Accessories are the best way to jazz up an outfit for a festival and I’ve just started getting into larger earrings which is why I love these large hoop earrings which come from Mysticum Luna.

I’d bought lots of badges and patches from the brand before but it wasn’t until I went to Download Festival last month when I saw the brand had a stall and I took note of their jewellery. These hoops have hanging charms including a light jewel at the end. The hoops just add something extra to an outfit which might otherwise be quite plain.

kate spade polka dot bag

The final thing which I have included within the outfit is this mini Kate Spade bag. I actually bought this one off eBay as the brand don’t seem to do this exact bag anymore and I think a cross body bag is the perfect festival bag as you can put it right over you and it’s so much safer. Plus polka dots are everywhere in fashion now so it’s a great change from having a plain black bag but it will still match everything you wear.

Plus Eleanor Floral Striped Print Wrap Dress* – Pink Clove – £24 – Link Here
Leda Hoop Earings – Mysticum Luna – £15 – Link Here

OOTD - Summer Festival Fashion-2

1. July 8, 2018 / 7:15 am

I also wear running shorts under dresses! I love the wrap style of this dress. It really suits you x

2. July 8, 2018 / 8:09 pm

I love this outfit Rhian it looks lush on you, its so weird how long the sun has actually lasted!

3. July 9, 2018 / 12:56 am

Such a great festival look, I love the flowers in your beautiful dress! Looks lovely on you!

4. bryanna skye
    July 9, 2018 / 12:33 pm

totally here you about the tops of your arms — people think I am nuts because I wear a cardi most places (a light fabric one but still) — it makes all the difference to my confidence though!

5. July 9, 2018 / 4:40 pm

That dress is lovely, it’s really suits you. I hate my arms too, this dress is perfect for covering them up!

6. July 10, 2018 / 9:57 am

I absolutely love this dress Rhian and it really suits you, I also love the sleeves x

7. July 10, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I adore your dress, it really suits you. I want some hooped earrings but haven’t worn them for years, not sure if I am a bit old now LOL

8. July 14, 2018 / 11:09 am

Oooh, what a pretty dress. I like that very much. 🙂 I don’t think it would suit me as well as it does you.

9. July 14, 2018 / 7:11 pm

That is a super dress, I’d love it. The wrap effect at the bust is just my style. I think it really flatters you too. Mich x

10. July 15, 2018 / 9:47 am

I love this dress, the pattern clash is phenomenal and perfect for a festival. I’m also loving the earrings, its great when you find an indie brand that you can go back to over and over.
    C x

11. July 15, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Great look there Rhian, totally loving the Mysticum Luna earrings. I would love to have one similar to yours and the Kate Spade bag looks amazing too.

12. July 15, 2018 / 8:29 pm

I love the shaping that the wrap dress gives you, like you say it’s perfect for a festival or a day out. I wouldn’t have thought the roses and strips would work. It it does.

13. July 16, 2018 / 9:35 am

I love your whole outfit, Rhian. But the dress is just stunning! I may have to see if I can find something similar for my holiday next week 🙂

Louise x