The Perfect Pamper Day For My Birthday

The Perfect Pamper Day For My Birthday

When I started my new job last March my ears perked up at the fact that you got an extra day’s holiday to use for your birthday so for the first time in a lot of years I decided to do just that. My birthday actually falls next Monday and after a nice weekend celebrating I am going to have the day off. During the day when everyone is at work I am going to have a proper indulgent pampering session because every girl needs one of those.

Birthday pampering essentials- Clay mask

After a nice lie in and a good breakfast – I’m thinking a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel – I want to start of the day with a full body scrub. I’ve been loving the Herbivore Coco Rose Body Scrub which I bought from Liberty around Black Friday. I am pretty bad when it comes to body scrubs so when I have the time it’s such a nice indulgence. To use with this scrub I have an exfoliating glove from a Moroccan Hamman Spa Set* which makes the task just that little bit easier

Once this is done and I’m suitably scrubbed a Diptique candle will be lit and I’ll have a bath full of all the nicest products. I’ve run through my bathtime essentials quite a few times on this blog (you can read the post here) but some recent additions to my routine is this Rhassoul Clay which comes from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. It’s rich in silica and magnesium and the clay itself absorbs toxins and impurities so I’ve been using it as a facial cleanser to really give my skin a proper clean.

Then it’s time to enjoy the bath with a good magazine, some treats and a nice face mask to finish off that part of the pamper session. Once I’m out of the bath I love to use another item from the Hamman Spa Set which is the Menara Argan Oil which is a nourishing body oil which hydrates and softens the skin, I like to use this alongside a body lotion to keep everything smooth.

Birthday pampering session hair mask

Once I’m out of the bath I’ll pop on some lounge wear and smooth my hair in a hair mask such as the Olaplex Hair Perfector No3 which is designed specifically for coloured and bleached hair and helps to give the hair continuous protection from damage. While the hair mask is on I’ll go and lounge on the sofa in front of a feel good movie or some YouTube videos depending on how I’m feeling.

Once the hair mask is off I might re-paint my nails if I feel they need doing and then it’s time to curl up on the sofa with a good book until Luke comes home from work to help me celebrate my birthday even more.

How do you pamper yourself?

The Perfect Pamper Day For My Birthday

1. January 10, 2019 / 2:55 pm

Happy birthday in advance! Just noticed that you share the same date as my nan!

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      January 11, 2019 / 8:57 am

Thanks! She must be a pretty awesome nan to be on 14th πŸ™‚

2. January 10, 2019 / 2:57 pm

Happy Birthday! These products look divine!

3. January 10, 2019 / 4:25 pm

This is such a great idea, I bet you’ll have a fab day. I need to plan a nights pampering for me. Although I do have the spa booked next Thursday with my hubby. Mich X

4. January 11, 2019 / 10:25 am

Hey Happy Birthday hun πŸ™‚
    ooo sounds like a lovely little pamper and all without having to move out into the cold…love it xx

5. January 11, 2019 / 6:11 pm

Ahh happy birthday to you! A birthday pampers is always a good idea. It’s mine this month too and I cant wait for a spa day!

6. January 11, 2019 / 8:37 pm

That sounds like an amazing way to spend your birthday! Happy Birthday for Monday! It’s actually my birthday over the weekend! πŸ™‚

7. January 12, 2019 / 7:32 pm

Sounds like the perfect way to spend your day! I love the sound of the clay will have to take a look!

8. January 14, 2019 / 6:04 pm

Happy Birthday in advance I also started a new job recently and they also give you an extra day off as holiday which is so nice of them! I’m planning to book myself in for a spa day this year – peace and quiet with an hour body massage

9. January 14, 2019 / 8:08 pm

I love that you get an extra day off for your birthday! I wish my place did that! Happy birthday for next week!

10. January 14, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Ow that sounds exactly how I’d want to spend my birthday too – you can’t beat a good pamper session x

11. January 15, 2019 / 9:58 am

Oh, wow! That’s so cool that you get an extra day off for your birthday. Some companies are so nice! You’ve also reminded me that I need to have a pamper session soon as I’m well overdue one!!

Louise x

12. January 15, 2019 / 10:25 pm

Firsly Happy Birthday in advance to you Rhian!! These looks like such a pamper session and I know for certain you will be totally spoilt on your birthday. I love the AllthatJazz nailpolish and Rose body scrub, they are really nice products

13. January 16, 2019 / 8:16 am

Hope you have an amazing birthday, a pamper session sounds perfect

14. January 16, 2019 / 8:27 pm

Hope you had an amazing birthday! I may have to do this next birthday! I’m 31 and not getting any younger! I need to make more time to pamper myself.