One Thing I Hate About | Beauty Edition Part 2

One Thing I Hate About | Beauty Edition Part 2

Earlier this year I did a post which included one thing I hated about a few different beauty products which you can read here if you missed it. This featured products I genuinely loved or liked a lot which had just a little bugbear attached to them it could have been the application, packaging or scent and I’m back with another edition to this beauty series.

Huda Beauty Brown Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette

I’d been keen to try a Huda Beauty palette so I picked up a mini when I went to New York earlier this year. The palette is absolutely stunning and the mixture of browns, rusts and neutral colours are great for everyday wear and I do reach for this palette a lot, especially when I travel. The one thing I hate about it is the shimmer shade in the middle. Looking at it the colour is stunning and once it’s on the glitter makes any shadow pop but it has the worst fall out of any eyeshadow I have ever used and no matter how careful I am I end up with it all over my face. Usually a quick clean up sorts out shadow fallout but if I use this I have to pretty much take off all make up from under my eyes and start again which is such a shame as I love it.

Fenty Beauty Foundation

Fenty Beauty Foundation

Now I have a glaring issue with the Fenty Beauty Foundation and sadly it’s such an issue that it means I can’t use it. I love the coverage that the foundation gives, I love it’s longevity which is awesome and the packaging is sleek and smart but for my drier skin type it just doesn’t work. Sadly the foundation has not been designed for those with drier skin as it clings to every small patch when a lot of other foundations don’t. I’ve tried using heavier duty moisturisers and primers to see if I can get it to work and sadly I can’t which is such a shame as I love the actual foundation. When I decided to buy it all the reviews I read were rave and no one mentioned about this issue so I don’t know if it’s just me or whether those with drier skin either haven’t tried it or haven’t spoken out about it.

Soap and Glory Primer

Soap and Glory Heck Of A Blot Primer

Although I tend to be more of a creamy hydrating primer fan this silicone one is pretty great as it doesn’t dry my face out and my makeup seems to sit really well on top. My main bug bear with it is the tube as I find once it gets to around half full it’s really hard to squeeze out the excess meaning I have to put a lot of force into it. I’m wondering if it’s just me as I haven’t read anyone else complain about the tube but it just seems a bit too thick to properly squeeze so I know when I start getting near the end I’ll end up throwing this out with lots of product left inside.

What little things do you hate about your beauty products?

One Thing I Hate About | Beauty Edition Part 2

1. Rosey
    July 26, 2018 / 2:27 pm

I’d probably pitch it when it got half way gone too (as would my daughter who inherited her impatience from me). That’s a shame though, if it works well!

2. July 26, 2018 / 4:13 pm

I love the colours in the Huda Palette. It’s a shame that there is so much fallout from the glittery shadow as that must be a nuisance. I hate when I get glittery shadows in my eyes and on eyelashes.

3. July 26, 2018 / 8:44 pm

That palette really is beautiful, its a shame the shimmer has a lot of fall out, because that could be a massive pain!!

4. July 27, 2018 / 3:12 pm

It’s such a shame you didn’t really like these beauty products, Rhian. I’ve been wanting to try a Huda Beauty Palette for ages, but will be staying away from this one after hearing about the tremendous fallout!!

Louise x

5. July 27, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Shame about the fenty foundation cause that stuff is supposed to be amazing! Also I hate all glitter make up. It never goes well.

6. July 30, 2018 / 12:26 pm

I hardly put makeup on so I had no clue about it. Will look out all the facts before purchasing any product.

7. July 31, 2018 / 4:28 am

I have the mini Huda Palette too! I really love it and I have also used the Fenti beauty foundation its pretty darn good too πŸ™‚

8. July 31, 2018 / 11:11 pm

I hate when something smells amazing (shampoo, conditioner etc) in the bottle then when you use it the after smell is so bad. On the flip side I tried a forever living conditioner sample and it really was horrible but was fine when I used it. On that note. Perfume that settles different on me and then I don’t like it. ‍♀️

9. August 1, 2018 / 4:00 am

If there is one thing I hate about beauty products is the expiration date. I don’t often use make up . but I do buy them for use for special occasions. But when I need them again they are already expired. Sucks because they are also expensive πŸ™

10. August 1, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Thanks for sharing this post. Buying makeup has always been a trying time for me. I get excited when I am shopping for products, but when I get home and start applying I become disappointed most times. I will definitely be doing some research on some of these products.

11. August 1, 2018 / 2:02 pm

I really like the concept of this series — I’m sure a lot of people are sharing the same tube-squeezing issues lol — Great reviews!

12. August 2, 2018 / 7:59 am

Thank you for your review on the products. The palettes look amazing, so it really is disappointing when there are issues with the product.

13. Nathan
    August 3, 2018 / 6:21 am

I am a noob when it comes to makeup. BUt you have explained clearly what the blot primer does and the Beauty foundation kit. My girlfriend uses a few but i never personally took the trouble to know about the differences. Now i know and Fenty seems like a brand she might want to try.

14. August 7, 2018 / 9:50 am

I love honest reviews! I’ve been wanting to buy Fenty Beauty Foundation. Knowing that it doesn’t work on dry skin, I guess I have to search for other options.

15. August 8, 2018 / 11:04 am

I have yet to try ANYTHING from Genty Beaut, ,god knows why, but that is a shame that you are not getting the right use out of it. Hopefully in the winter, things may change for you, or try a heavier moisturiser,