Five Things – Week 130

Five Things – Week 130

Five Things I Did Last Week

• Monday was bank holiday Monday so I had a nice chilled day after doing our weekly shot which included binge watching TV, some housework and having a bath/ face mask. It was nice to just chill at home.
  • On Friday we went to Luke’s parents house as his sister is now back from university so we had dinner and a catch up which was nice.
  • From Friday evening I was insured on Luke’s Mercedes meaning it’s now my everyday car which is really cool. On Saturday I had a bunch of errands to run so I drove it around a lot.
  • On Saturday evening I went on a triple date with two of my friends and their partners where we did a local escape room which was lots of fun and we completed in 37 minutes *go us*. Then we went on for dinner and drinks which was a nice way to round off the evening.
  • On Sunday I headed to Thorpe Park with Luke, his best friend and his partner and it was a fun day of rides and eating. I hadn’t been to Thorpe Park in ages and I had forgotten how much I love rides.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I managed to lose 3.5 pounds at Slimming World this week which I am so happy about.
  • I got tickets to three of the Bring Me The Horizon shows including both London shows and the one in Birmingham and I am so excited for it as it feels like I haven’t seen them for ages.
  • I finally set up my music news section of this blog which you can reach by clicking the banner on the right. I have missed doing more music writing so it’s something I am planning to do more of.
  • I know it’s barely September but I bought the Selfridges advent calendar and I am o excited to have it for December as the contents look so worth it.
  • I’ve had a few quotes to sort out the small scratches on my old car and they’ve come in much more reasonable than I’d expected.

breakout rooms

Five Things Which Sucked

• We booked in to go to aqua aerobics but this week it was cancelled. It feels like I’m destined not to go back.
  • We haven’t managed to clean my new car yet so it’s a little dirty at the moment from being used so much during Luke’s work.
  • I didn’t get round to adding anything extra to eBay from my pile of clothes so I still have a mess in my spare room of things I need to sell.
  • It’s my Nan’s birthday later this month and I’m really struggling to work out what to get her. I love spoiling my family but it can get hard to think of ideas all the time.
  • I’ve been feeling quite tired this week which is odd as I don’t think I’ve had any less sleep than normal so I think I need a catch up day.

Five Things To Do This Week

• Stick to week one of my new budget plans and make sure I am stricter with my spending.
  • Start planning and doing some outreach ready for my Christmas gift guides. I have started pretty early this week as I want to make sure I am well prepared.
  • Sort out my exact plans for my London days over the weekend while Luke is away.
  • See if I can make a plan on when to see Christopher Robin as I really want to see it.
  • Do at least two exercise sessions over the week to ease me back in.
What have you been up to this week?

Five Things - Week 130

1. September 3, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Trust me while reading this I was like, “How does he note down all these”. But to be honest it was good to read and it’s a great thing that you keep in account what you do everyday.

2. September 4, 2018 / 2:36 am

I would love to do an escape room sometime. I have many friends that have done one. They look like fun!

3. Geraline Batarra
    September 4, 2018 / 6:25 am

I can see that you are having a great time for the last week and congratulations for losing 3.5lbs at Slimming World.

4. September 4, 2018 / 6:54 am

Love the idea of a triple date. I used to do this with my best friends but we got so caught up with the daily grind and was not able to do this in months. Thank you for this wonderful idea. Will be inviting them to do this soon.

5. September 4, 2018 / 9:01 am

Last whole week I was busy in my cousin’s marriage preparation and festivals. Till now I am busy in that only. Maybe from tomorrow I’ll be back on job

6. September 4, 2018 / 9:33 am

A Selfridges Advent Calendar sounds amazing! I’m going to look out for that, and how cool to have a mercedes to drive around in!!

7. September 4, 2018 / 9:34 am

Well done on the weight loss at Slimming World! That escape room sounds like a lot of fun and I am so jealous that you went to Thorpe Park!

8. Elizabeth O
    September 4, 2018 / 10:57 am

It sounds like a good week. Well done of getting a good loss at SW thats amazing. A great week.

9. September 4, 2018 / 10:07 pm

Sounds like you had an amazing week and have lots planned for the coming week too. I have always wanted a Selfridges advent calendar and you have just reminded me to go get myself one x

10. September 5, 2018 / 1:18 pm

OMG! I want to buy an advent calendar now! Is the Selfridges one chocolate or other little gifts?

• Rhian Westbury
      Author
      September 5, 2018 / 4:50 pm

It’s beauty and such good value for the products

11. September 5, 2018 / 7:27 pm

I have run an escape room at the library, but it was limited with what I could do. I would really love to do an escape room that someone else put together and I did it with my friends. It sounds like a blast. Looks like you had a ton of fun.

12. September 5, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Oh I want to see Christopher Robin too! I might take the kids after school one night next week as a little treat! Sounds like you’ve had a good week though!

13. chichi
    September 7, 2018 / 2:41 pm

high five cause i was super excited about the advent calendars glad i am not alone! congratulations on the weight loss!

14. September 10, 2018 / 9:36 am

We have not been to thorpe park yet this year, we really must try to get there. I want to see Christopher Robin too

15. September 10, 2018 / 1:28 pm

I’m now off to look at advent calendars!! How are we in autumn already???