Islands And Instant Hot Water: My Kitchen Wishlist

Islands And Instant Hot Water: My Kitchen Wishlist

This is a collaborative post but all thoughts and opinions are my own

Anyone whose been reading my blog for a while will know that I have been doing quite a few home/ interiors posts lately ahead of a pretty long moving process. Back in August I did a post on Kitchen inspiration and this focused more on the styling of the room but I wanted to do something more on the tech and the bigger pieces that I want in my kitchen.

As one of my absolute dreams is to have an island in my kitchen I think one of the most important things to think about is the lighting over the island as I think hanging lights can make such a statement. I am a huge fan of industrial lighting  and having a large brass/ copper coloured light would add such a lot of depth to the space and tie it in with the metal colouring that we choose in the kitchen.

One thing we’ve decided we want, although it might not be straight away is an instant boiling water tap. For us we don’t drink a lot of tea/ coffee but we use the kettle a lot when it comes to cooking and having instant boiling water would be a god send for us, plus it means we don’t need to have a kettle in the kitchen freeing up worktop space. We don’t want just a boiling water tap though, we want a built in mixer tap with it which is where the big jump in cost comes in because this would be so helpful for washing up. And then alongside this we’d like a cool filtered water tap which would give us fresh filtered water at the touch of a button which would be so nice. When we were at the Ideal Home Show Event we spoke to a company and they gave us a pretty reasonable quote for what we want so we’ve got the details on file ready for us one day.

Grand Designs Magazine

We’d also love to have as much of our tech integrated within the kitchen so we can minimise what we have on the worktops and this would include a microwave oven to sit within a cupboard space. For something like this we could have our microwave oven at chest height making it easier to get things in and out, and easier to clean out as opposed to having it quite low on a workspace.

As we hope for our home to be totally smart we’d connect this with the lighting as Luke has this thought that he’d like to have no light switches. I think the idea of all lights being touch or voice activated is pretty cool but it will take some getting used to not searching for the switch. This would also include Alexa products within the house, and specifically the kitchen as I find this is where I make the most out of the device adding timers, asking for measurement translations i.e. cups to grams and putting music on while I cook.

What tech would you like in your kitchen?

Islands And Instant Hot Water_ My Kitchen Wishlist

1. October 3, 2018 / 7:23 pm

I’d love a kitchen with an island one day, that would be the dream!

2. October 3, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I’d love an island in our kitchen! The extra workspace would be ideal!

3. October 3, 2018 / 10:00 pm

I’m with you, I’d love an island. I’d have liked one when the kids were younger and they could do homework, chat etc whilst I cooked, it hasn’t happened though! Mich x

4. October 4, 2018 / 5:15 pm

I love the Samsung or was it Panasonic fridge with a screen on it and Alexa, these are some things I want to have in my kitchen one day.

5. October 4, 2018 / 7:42 pm

I want that new Samsung Fridge with the ipad on the front, which basically tells you what shopping you need

6. October 4, 2018 / 9:58 pm

I would love an island in the middle of my kitchen and a load of Joseph Joseph accessories, I was eyeing them up today!

7. October 5, 2018 / 12:32 pm

An island is my dream too! I’d also like a steam oven and a temperature probe … my Dad has them and its revolutionised his cooking.
    C x

8. October 6, 2018 / 12:02 am

I’d just love a kitchen that wasn’t the size of a postage stamp at the moment. However once I do have a large enough kitchen to accommodate I would love an island and a cold filter tap. I also dream of having a fire that joins the kitchen to the lounge and can be used for burning waste. I’ve seen the concept at a few home shows and think it is great.

9. October 6, 2018 / 10:50 am

A n island is a great addition to any kitchen. Just as long as there is enough room x

10. October 6, 2018 / 9:33 pm

Oh I love your list! Id’ love to have island too, but first we need a house!

11. October 7, 2018 / 12:24 pm

I love a good kitchen, especially an island in a kitchen, so much space to prepare food but serve food.

12. TheDenaEdit
    October 7, 2018 / 12:26 pm

My absolute dream is to have a massive kitchen with an island in the middle! I’m obsessed.

13. October 7, 2018 / 10:30 pm

Ooh, a kitchen island is actual household GOALS! I would adore one of those.